I used to do this frequently, but stopped for a while - it's called a Monthly Round-up. So, for the month of July 2010, this is what went on in my life and in my family's life.
My 34th birthday
Yuki-chan's 60th birthday
Yusuke's 34th birthday
Parents went on road trip to Reno
I assisted in a 3-day lecture (no, not all day lectures!) at Kanda Gaigo University's summer seminar
- Draws bodies complete with arms, hands, legs, ears and bandaids
- Applies bandaids to MY owies
- Goes swimming every day with her daycare buddies
- Still likes pink
- Fell in love with the movie Shrek
- Went to a movie in a theater for the first time (Toy Story 3)
- Learned how to sing Doe a Deer, a Female Deer, Ray, a drop of Golden Sun...complete with hand gestures (that I totally made up!)
- Loves to listen to Simon & Garfunkel (but still calls them the Wiggles)
- Still has a very charming smile
- Is learning to walk - can do up to five steps before falling
- Says Mama, especially when upset or in need of being picked up
- Gets mad during mealtime and throws food, plates and/or silverware (then gets over it and starts eating again like nothing happened)
- Tries to get into Max's room whenever his door is open
- Enjoys playing with the pots and pans in the kitchen while I cook dinner
- Likes to turn the shower water OFF while others are using it
Movies I Saw in the Theater
Sex and the City II
Movies I Saw on DVD
Books I read
An Abridged Version of Me, from A to Z by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Lupicia tea makes great summer iced tea - just add water, no boiling necessary. Amazing!
- Joined Weight Watchers online - hoping to finally make some progress on my weight loss goals.
- There ARE online Masters programs from the USA.
- Yusuke feels lonely when I fall asleep with the kids and he comes home to a dark, quiet house.
- All Top . com as a way to manage some of your favorite blogs for reading.
- Evernote as a way to keep track of your project ideas, resources & inspiration.
- Facebook is actually kind of fun.