Friday, August 6, 2010

TGIF: Four Day Weekends

For me, at least. I took Thursday and Friday off and stayed home both days to veg clean the house from top to bottom. I also got caught up on Glee, So you think you can dance and began researching for my new "project" - to be announced soon. Oh, and I saw 2 great movies - one at the theater and one on iTunes. No, actually, the one at the theater sucked, but it was Ladies' Day and I only paid 1000 yen for it. (Salt). The one on iTunes was surprisingly interesting (Chalk, a fake documentary about high school teachers). Salt and Chalk - that is a good pairing. I wonder what that would taste like.

I used to do this frequently, but stopped for a while - it's called a Monthly Round-up. So, for the month of July 2010, this is what went on in my life and in my family's life.

Events
My 34th birthday
Yuki-chan's 60th birthday
Yusuke's 34th birthday

Parents went on road trip to Reno
I assisted in a 3-day lecture (no, not all day lectures!) at Kanda Gaigo University's summer seminar

Ailin

  • Draws bodies complete with arms, hands, legs, ears and bandaids
  • Applies bandaids to MY owies
  • Goes swimming every day with her daycare buddies
  • Still likes pink
  • Fell in love with the movie Shrek
  • Went to a movie in a theater for the first time (Toy Story 3)
  • Learned how to sing Doe a Deer, a Female Deer, Ray, a drop of Golden Sun...complete with hand gestures (that I totally made up!)
  • Loves to listen to Simon & Garfunkel (but still calls them the Wiggles)


Luka

  • Still has a very charming smile
  • Is learning to walk - can do up to five steps before falling
  • Says Mama, especially when upset or in need of being picked up
  • Gets mad during mealtime and throws food, plates and/or silverware (then gets over it and starts eating again like nothing happened)
  • Tries to get into Max's room whenever his door is open
  • Enjoys playing with the pots and pans in the kitchen while I cook dinner
  • Likes to turn the shower water OFF while others are using it


Movies I Saw in the Theater
An Education
Sex and the City II

Movies I Saw on DVD
None

Books I read
An Abridged Version of Me, from A to Z by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Best Discoveries

  • Lupicia tea makes great summer iced tea - just add water, no boiling necessary. Amazing!
  • Joined Weight Watchers online - hoping to finally make some progress on my weight loss goals.
  • There ARE online Masters programs from the USA.
  • Yusuke feels lonely when I fall asleep with the kids and he comes home to a dark, quiet house.
  • All Top . com as a way to manage some of your favorite blogs for reading.
  • Evernote as a way to keep track of your project ideas, resources & inspiration.
  • Facebook is actually kind of fun.

No comments: