Thursday, December 31, 2009

Trips Home Album

Every time we take a trip back to Wisconsin, I add a few pages to my Trips Home Album. This album has a basic plan of 4 lay outs (1 opening page, 2 double spreads, 1 ending page).  Having a plan like this makes it very easy to add the pages soon after we return home, and it also limits me - even if I took 700 photos on my trip, I can only make 4 lay outs, so it forces me to choose only the photos that best tell the story.

The second thing you'll notice about these pages is the style of journaling. I started this album out with a certain style and have kept it ever since. This lends some interest to the album, not only for the reader but for me as well.

This was the first time I used digital scrapbooking for this album, so part of the challenge was to create my own templates that would be very similar to past pages.

So, here goes! Remember, you can click on the images to make then larger and then you can read the journaling.




















I think that one more thing you'll notice is that many of my thoughts from my previous post also made it onto these pages. I find that using lists to brainstorm before my journaling really helps to decide which details to include and leave out.

For these pages, I used Jessica Sprague's Autumn kit along with her Crystal's September papers and elements.

Okay, that's all from me for now. Happy Scrappin' and Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of your Mom and Dad looking at each other and smiling.
AmyD

Mande said...

Thank you, Amy. That photo was taken for my final assignment of the photography class. We were supposed to take a photo of a group or couple, and as it was not Thanksgiving yet, I had to use my mom and dad.