Thursday, March 4, 2010

News on the Scrapbooking Front

I have some great news for scrapbookers out there.

Grow Your Skills Educator Program
If you are looking to learn about digital scrapbooking - how to use Photoshop (or PSE), or just want to buy some digital supplies, you can now get a teacher's discount at Jessica Sprague's web site. This is good for her classes as well as for the digital supplies and templates. Note that this offer is NOT good for classes taught by her "guest lecturers." For example, the photography class would not be eligible for this discount.

I asked about whether teachers working in other countries can apply for this discount program. In the USA, you have to prove you area teacher by emailing the name of your school and such along with a scanned copy of your school ID. We don't have such a thing in Japan, and our documents would be in Japanese anyway, but Tory, the person in charge of this over at Jessica Sprague, decided to let me sign up after I explained my situation to her.

So, go ahead, if you are a teacher, and sign up for this great deal!

New Classes at Big Picture Scrapbooking
I am currently taking 3 classes there. I am a BPS junkie now. Cathy Zielske's class is starting to wrap up, and I just started a class which focuses on Hybrid Scrapbooking - combining digital and traditional elements on your pages. On April 1, a 12-week class called Dimensional Design begins, and I highly recommend. Nic Howard will show you the way around a layered page by taking you step-by-step through several craft techniques that you have probably seen in magazines but had no idea how to imitate. Nic is funny too. I like her style.

Self-paced Projects at BPS
I also want to alert you to the numerous self-paced projects listed at BPS. Many of them sound so inviting! These prices range from free to $10.00 so it is a good way to get started on something. I am thinking about doing the Book of Why project by Karen G. I took a class by Karen G last year and she is one of the sweetest instructors ever. Her focus is always on writing and exploring your past through scrapbook pages.

No comments: