Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Monthly Round-up: August

Wow, end of August already. This means we are back in school teaching classes, and I am getting used to the old 9 to 5 routine again. Luka got sick last weekend so we had to deal with that, but he seems okay now.

Events
Chiba-city's Fireworks Display (enjoyed from the veranda of my MIL's home)
Dates with Mama - a new tradition I started this summer
A trip to Nikko

Ailin
  • Has entered into a blue phase, where she colors everything in various shades of blue. 
  • Started learning how to write the alphabet and numbers.
  • Acts out stories that I read aloud to her, especially when I ask her what's going to happen next.
  • Has become obsessed with Shrek, and all things Shrek.
  • Has shown an ever-developing imagination, pretending to have a baby and take care of it (named it Passy), or holding birthday/Xmas party events complete with cake, dinner, presents and coffee.
  • Went to the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" with her mom and dad.
  • Went to an indoor pool with her mom.
  • Going through a blue phase in her drawings. 
Luka
  • Walks like crazy now, all over the house, getting into everything.
  • Gives lectures about various things while pointing...of course, we don't know what he's saying.
  • Loves bananas.
  • Can finally sit through a story.
Movies I Saw in the Theater
How to Train Your Dragon
Salt
Inception
Karate Kid

Movies I Saw on DVD
Date Night
The Rebound

Books I read
Still working through A Divided Heart by Rachel Power
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, want to finish it before I see the movie in a few weeks.

Best Discoveries
  • Still getting the hang of it, but Twitter is finally starting to get interesting for me.
  • That summer homework for high school students sucks! Worse yet is the fact that I have to check it all! Next year will be different. I am already making plans to assign as little as possible.
  • That traveling with two small children is STILL not that much fun.
  • That my husband is still really moody, and I just can't predict what he is going to do next.
  • That I get to watch one more season of the Office before I am officially caught up!
  • Leonardo DiCaprio really is a great actor, and I have seen and loved most of his movies. I didn't realize it until I saw Inception. He is only getting better with age!

No comments: