Monday, March 10, 2014

Cultivating Gratitude: Letting go of scarcity and fear of the dark

Documenting a week in your life to see what daily occurrences are a part of you, what you are thankful for, and what you might miss if you suddenly didn't have it anymore. That was our assignment for the week.

I would miss the sunsets, working with Adie, seeing Ailin's pure joy at her weekly dance and swimming lessons. I would miss Max and his cute eyebrow and black spots and his loud snoring. I would miss cuddling with the kids, watching Ailin's face when I announce we are having "American" food for dinner. I would miss seeing Luka grow and develop as he starts to do daily things (like, getting dressed) all by himself. I would miss my view from the kitchen out into the living room, and I would even miss washing gads of dishes every night while I watch the kids doing whatever they do while they wait for me to finish. I would miss weekend dinners at Yuki-chan's house, and I'd miss watching Yusuke play with (not, yell at) the kids.

After taking a look at this collage, I needed to decide on a three or four simple things that truly bring me joy.

Sunsets
Cuddling
Laughter
Podcasts

It's the little things in life that can bring us happiness in small doses.

No comments: