This past weekend, Yusuke and I finally had a chance to sit down and write our goal lists for 2009.
1. Do 2009 Chronological Scrapbook
2. Start "Travels in Japan" Scrapbook
3. Stick to budget and save money where possible.
4. Keep house neat & clean
5. Enjoy maternity leave with the new baby!
6. Take an on-line photography class
7. Learn how to use Photoshop Elements (better)
8. Keep dining room table, coffee table and kitchen counter free of junk
9. Keep scrapbook/computer room neat and organized
10. Teach Ailin more English words and songs
11. Be more sympathetic to Yusuke
12. Try not to get annoyed by Yusuke
13. Walk Max every day
1. Spend time with family on weekends
2. Help take care of kids
3. Start dieting and exercising
4. Study English at least once a day
5. Help with cleaning the house
6. Do things for myself
Take a trip to Korea, Hot Springs or USA by myself
Go to a baseball game
Go get a massage once a month
Go to a bar whenever I want to relax
7. Take a trip with the family (to Kamogawa Sea World, Tokyo Disneyland, Ueno Zoo, Summer trip, etc.)
When Yusuke read my list, he commented that it was boring. Well, excuse me! I'm a mother of 1 (almost 2) with a full time job. If I can manage to not get annoyed by my husband even for one day, then I will feel successful. Well, my goals over the years have definitely become less harder to achieve. I am just in that phase of my life where if I can get through the day and then get a decent night's sleep, life is sweet.
I do hope Yusuke does carve some time out for himself...perhaps not as extreme as taking a trip to the USA all by himself, but I would be happy for him to finally work a little less and play a little more.