Monday, June 14, 2010

Manic Monday: Photography

I love taking photos, and when I can, I try to do manual. Manual, with my camera, only really works on cloudy days. Sunny days produce stark shadows, and I have not figured out how to get around this. Anyway, when I have a chance, I try to practice what I learned in that photography class I took last year from Candace Stringham.



This was taken late in the day when we had a chance to take a spontaneous walk on the cycling/walking road just in front of our apartment building. Ailin grabbed my sunglasses from me and was striking a pose.




Last weekend, we stopped at a park in Makuhari and I shot some photos of Ailin. It was about 3 or 4pm, so the light wasn't horrible, but you can see the contrast is still a bit stark.



Again, in the same park. She likes to pick flowers for me lately. Chiba is known as the city of flowers, so there are many for her to choose from. I know, these are always part of the landscaping, and technically, she should not be picking them, but it is too darn cute when she says, "Here, Mama."

I have more photos to show but am saving them for tomorrow. We took a field trip last week and I took some nice photos.

No comments: