Thursday, July 1, 2010

Traveling Tuesdays: Back in time to Jacob Wetterling

If Jacob Wetterling is/were alive today, he would be 32, just 2 years younger than me.

When I was in elementary and junior high school, I had a pen pal from Minnesota (yes, I know, the next state over!), and her name was Shanna. When Jacob was abducted, Shanna included information about Jacob and the circumstances, along with a small poster of him with one of her letters.

Both of us were truly affected by his disappearance. For one thing, he was so close to our age. And, even more astounding was that he was abducted very nearby his home, in the presence of his brother and his friend. It could have happened to any of us.

Shanna and I lost touch at some point during high school, but I sometimes google Jacob to see if there are any updates on his case. Today, on my iGoogle page, where it shows the current most searched items, I noticed that Jacob Wetterling was at the top of the list this morning.

Turns out that breaking news revealed that over 17 unmarked police cars were parked outside the farm very near where Jacob had been abducted. More info to come. Read this article for more information about the current situation...though it doesn't give much yet.

I hope we finally get some answers, Jacob.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Wow. I hope the police find something to give the family closure. How awful for them.

Darlene said...

That was a really interisting post When i was a child this murder happened in the next town http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_List?wasRedirected=true