I thought this would be a good day to recognize some of the things I am grateful for this week. Being aware of all you have to feel thankful for is a great way to stay positive and improve your life. In the simplify 101 class, we were asked to keep a diary and write down a list of things each day. I stopped after about a month, but I think it would be good to get into the habit again…even if just once a week.
1. Beautiful weather these past few days.
2. Luka is starting to use some sounds that seem to have meaning, at least for him. (mamamama, ngu ngu, ka ka ka)
3. I am getting the hang of making Japanese style adult obentos for myself.
4. A 6-day work week. Sounds rough, but actually, we get next Monday off and I am so looking forward to having the house to myself for a whole day! Fingers crossed that no one gets sick.
5. Coca-cola (Need I say more?)
6. Yusuke helped with some of the chores this week when he came home and realized I had fallen asleep with the kids.
7. Relishrelish.com. This is the web site I use for menu planning and shopping list-generating. Kudos to this web site!
8. Mother’s Day – I meant to write about Mother’s Day this week, but anyway, I am still reveling in my memory of it which was an afternoon OFF to go and see a movie at a movie theater, something I had not done in about one year. Alice in Wonderland!
9. Scrapbooking embellishments – I ordered a few things from Kirsten and they came in the mail this week.
10. Café Mocha – Maxim brand, 198 yen for a box of six. (Again, need I say more?)
Whoa, that was a difficult brain exercise for the end of my week. No, it’s not the end of my week because I have to work all day tomorrow, but I am very much looking forward to a quiet evening at home with Yusuke after the kids go to bed. (That is, IF I can stay awake.)